Middle East studies in the News
McCain's Many Messages [incl. Rashid Khalidi]
by Marc Ambinder
By my count, there were at least five McCain campaign messages yesterday. (Wasn't the campaign going to close on the economy?)
1. Gov. Sarah Palin's big energy speech. (Energy independence; Palin's competence)
2. McCain's national security event in Tampa. (Obama's not ready to be commander-in-chief.)
3. The Joe The Plumber tour. (Regular Americans support McCain; Obama will raise taxes)
4. Obsessing over William Ayres and Prof. Khalidi, the Los Angeles Times tape, etc. (Obama's dangerous associations)
5. Obama and his hundreds of millions in "undocumented" donations. (Obama the unknown).
None of these messages seemed to be targeted and isolated; they all run together, creating a mish-mash. Average voters might ask themselves: what did I hear from John McCain on Wednesday? Joe The National Security Ayres Plumber Obama Tax?Note: Articles listed under "Middle East studies in the News" provide information on current developments concerning Middle East studies on North American campuses. These reports do not necessarily reflect the views of Campus Watch and do not necessarily correspond to Campus Watch's critique.
Campus Watch contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org